- Find tickets from 93 dollars to Preseason: New Orleans Pelicans at New York Knicks on Friday October 5 at 7:30 pm at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY
- Find tickets from 15 dollars to Preseason: New Orleans Pelicans at Miami Heat on Wednesday October 10 at 7:30 pm at American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL
Official Ticketing Provider
Season Ticket Holder?
The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Very easy to use. There's no hidden fees so you know exactly how much each ticket is."
"Great seats at a great price. Purchasing and receiving the Etickets was easy and fast."
New Orleans Pelicans Details
The Pelicans moved from Charlotte to New Orleans in 2002, and NBA basketball returned to the city for the first time since the New Orleans Jazz relocated to Utah at the end of the 1970s. The Pelicans originally kept their previous name, the Hornets, after they moved. The New Orleans Hornets made the playoffs in their first two years back in Louisiana.
Because of damage to their arena and surrounding floods following Hurricane Katrina, the Hornets were forced to play most of the 2005-06 and 2006-07 in Oklahoma City, and the team called itself the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. They moved back to New Orleans full time for the 2007-08 season, and the Pelicans currently play at the Smoothie King Center.
For the 2013-14 season, the team changed its name to the New Orleans Pelicans, after the state bird of Louisiana. In the meantime, a new team—the Bobcats—had formed in Charlotte. The Bobcats reassumed the Hornets’ name and the history of the original franchise when it was located in Charlotte from 1988-2002). The NBA officially recognizes the Pelicans as having formed in 2002, when the team moved to New Orleans.
The Pelicans last made the playoffs in the 2014-15 season. Last year, they finished in the 10th seed in the Western Conference. The Pelicans acquired all-star DeMarcus Cousins in a trade after the 2017 NBA All-Star Game. The 2017-18 season will be Cousins’ first full season in New Orleans, the Pelicans hope he’ll make it to the playoffs for the first time in his career. He’ll join fellow big man Anthony Davis, who set a record with 52 points in the 2017 All-Star game and won All-Star MVP. The Pelicans also signed Cousins’ former teammate, veteran Rajon Rondo, in the offseason, and resigned point guard Jrue Holiday. The Pelicans have star power for the 2017-18 season, and fans hope it’s enough to return to the playoffs in a powerful Western conference.
How to purchase New Orleans Pelicans tickets
SeatGeek is hands down the easiest way to find and buy New Orleans Pelicans tickets all season long.
- Explore the above list of Pelicans] games to find the perfect game and date. When you've decided on the event, the green button on the right side of the screen will take you to a display of all available tickets for that game.
- On the next screen, view all available tickets for the event. Using the filters at the bottom, tickets can be sorted by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks listings by value. Our interactive maps help fans find the perfect seat, and previews of the view from each section take the guesswork out of the buying process.
- Once you find the right ticket, click on the listing and you will be taken to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Your order will now be processed, and SeatGeek will deliver your tickets as soon as possible.
When do Pelicans playoff tickets go on sale?
Should the Pelicans make the playoffs, tickets will likely go on sale in April. If you'd like alerts on Pelicans playoff tickets, sign up for a SeatGeek account.
New Orleans Pelicans schedule
Please see above for a full list of upcoming Pelicans games. For game results, record, and additional information, explore SeatGeek's Pelicans Schedule page. The 2017-18 Pelicans regular season begins October 18, 2017 and ends April 11, 2018.
How much do Pelicans tickets cost?
SeatGeek offers a wide range of Pelicans ticket options, suitable for every fan at every price point. Pelicans tickets typically start at about $9. For more information on Pelicans ticket trends, visit our Pelicans Ticket Prices page.
When do the Pelicans play the Spurs?
The Pelicans face off against the Spurs on November 22 and April 11 at Smoothie King Center and February 28 and March 15 at AT&T Center. Find more information on our Pelicans vs. Spurs matchup page.
New Orleans Pelicans Top Matchups
The New Orleans Pelicans have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Pelicans vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Rockets Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Spurs Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Hawks Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Hornets Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Heat Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Magic Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Wizards Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Nuggets Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Timberwolves Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Thunder Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Trail Blazers Tickets
- Pelicans vs. Jazz Tickets
March 12, 2018
How Tom Benson Picked the Best Team Name in the NBA
It’s objectively hard to find a name less sexy than the Pelicans. Even the Hornets, their previous monicker, is somehow flashier than that. An insect. Pelicans are goofy looking birds with foot-long beaks and discolored wings. Their neck-skin protrudes from their throat and it jiggles as they move. But when new team owner Tom Benson…
February 21, 2018
Five Ways the Pelicans Could Become a Championship Contender
It’s hard not to feel for the New Orleans Pelicans. They rep one of the NBA’s most exciting cities. They have one of the top five players in the NBA. They even hosted the All-Star game last year! And yet when discussing an NBA championship, they're rarely considered contenders. But there are ways, Pels fans,…
October 13, 2017
The Six Most Exciting NBA Teams to See for Under $50
Good seats for under $50 are usually synonymous with bad or boring play, but for these six NBA teams a great night of basketball comes on the cheap. #1. Denver Nuggets Two words: Nikola Jokic. From Sombor, Serbia, Jokic has quietly transformed into the best big man passer in the NBA. His no-look dumps, crosscourt…