San Jose Sharks Details
3rd place in the Pacific Division during the 2016-17 season belonged to the San Jose Sharks. A year removed from losing a six-game Stanley Cup Finals series to the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Sharks put together another 46-win season, resulting in 99 total points. Head coach Peter DeBoer continued to coach well in his second season behind the bench and the wins were flowing all year in San Jose’s SAP Center. However, the Sharks’ offense left much to be desired, as the team finished 19th in goal-scoring. Much like the fellow-Californian Anaheim Ducks, the Sharks’ defense took the team far. 5th in goals against, San Jose’s blue line played extremely well all year, as did starting goaltender Martin Jones. Jones finished the year with a 35-23-6 record and a 2.40 goals against average. Backup Aaron Dell was solid as well, with an 11-6-1 record and a 2.00 GAA. Unfortunately, a second-straight Stanley Cup Finals appearance was not to be, as the Sharks ran into division rival Edmonton and lost in six games.
2017-18 should be another positive one for San Jose. Returning is two-way defenseman Brent Burns. The bearded star led the team in points a year ago, finishing with 76 including 29 goals. Those 29 goals were tied for the team lead with veteran center Joe Pavelski, who tacked on 38 assists as well. 3rd and 4th on the team scoring list from a year ago were Logan Couture and Joe Thorton, who also return for the upcoming year. San Jose will certainly miss winger Patrick Marleau, however, who signed a three-year deal with Toronto in the offseason. Despite that veteran departure, the Sharks nucleus stays mostly intact for 2017-18.
How to purchase San Jose Sharks tickets
Find the right seat, right now. SeatGeek offers the best way to buy San Jose Sharks tickets.
- The list above displays all upcoming Sharks games. Once you find the game you'd like to attend, clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen will take you to a SeatGeek event page, which displays all available tickets.
- On this page, browse available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. The filters at the bottom can sort tickets by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks tickets by value, scoring each listing to tell you exactly how good of a deal you are getting. Explore SeatGeek's best-in-class maps to find your favorite seating section, and use our View From Seat feature to see precisely what your view will look like before buying.
- When you are ready to buy a ticket, click on the listing, and you will be directed to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Upon completion of the information fields, your order will be processed and tickets will be delivered via email or to your mobile device.
When do Sharks playoff tickets go on sale?
NHL playoff tickets typically go on sale in April. To get alerts on Sharks playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for a SeatGeek account.
San Jose Sharks schedule
Browse the listings above to see all upcoming games, and visit the Sharks Schedule page. The regular season starts October 4, 2017, and ends April 7, 2018.
How much do Sharks tickets cost?
There are ticket options for every fan at every price point on SeatGeek. Sharks tickets typically cost $25 and up. For more information about Sharks ticket prices, visit the ticket prices page.
When do the Sharks play the Kings?
Sharks-Kings takes place on December 23 in San Jose and January 15 in Los Angeles. See our Sharks vs. Kings matchup page for more information.
San Jose Sharks Top Matchups
The San Jose Sharks have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Sharks vs. Ducks Tickets
- Sharks vs. Coyotes Tickets
- Sharks vs. Flames Tickets
- Sharks vs. Oilers Tickets
- Sharks vs. Kings Tickets
- Sharks vs. Canucks Tickets
- Sharks vs. Blackhawks Tickets
- Sharks vs. Avalanche Tickets
- Sharks vs. Stars Tickets
- Sharks vs. Wild Tickets
- Sharks vs. Predators Tickets
- Sharks vs. Blues Tickets
- Sharks vs. Jets Tickets